Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Hubby

Holy smokes!! I had no idea it had been so long since I posted to my blog. It seems that my last post was around the time that DD and I came over to Largo to stay full-time. Guess it's been kinda busy since then :o)

Well, I really wanted to get back to it, and there' no time like the present - and speaking of present - it was DH's 57th birthday today. After almost 25 years of marriage, it can be a little tough to come up with gift ideas. Fortunately, he told me exactly what he wanted and even helped me look it up on the Internet - a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X joystick (whew! that's a mouthful) for playing flight simulator games on the PC. UPS delivered it in the nick of time this morning and DH has already broken it in this evening - says he loves it!

I also gave him a photo for his office of our latest family addition, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel - here it is:







She's a sweetheart!















We went out to Olive Garden for dinner - had an excellent Caprese flatbread appetizer (that led later to a little research on "Caprese" - turned out to be a nice little geography and culinary lesson). We found the recipe online so now I think we'll try making it at home. Here's the link if you'd like to take a look: http://www.recipezaar.com/Olive-Garden-Caprese-Flatbread-319431

OK, the whole place is snoozing, so I'd better jump in bed, too. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment